Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Elizabeth CVS 5/23

Ok, so my CVS trip yesterday was a littly wonky - but it's my fault. I'm first going to show the transaction I originally did, and then explain what changed.

(3) $1.66 - Kellogg's Rice Krispies 9 oz
$4.49 - Kellogg's Rice Krispies 9 oz
- (2) $1/2 printable (made them $1.87 each if you average out the price with the expensive one)

(2) $4.00 - Old Spice Odor Blocker Body Wash
- B1G1 free coupon from 5/2 P&G insert (after this coupon and ECB's, was a $4 money maker)

$0.48 - M&M's pretzel (filler)

Total without coupons: $19.43

Used $6 in ECB's from last week

Total after coupons and ECB's: $6.16
Received $8 in ECB's from Old Spice body wash

So notice that I lost money on this transaction (sounds funny to say that because I used to call that "spending" money). I spent $6.16 oop plus $6 in ECB's but only got $8 in ECB's back. I knew something was wrong since I had only planned on spending $4 in ECB's, but I waited until I got to my car to figure out what happened. It was the cereal! I did not realize it was a limit of 3 at that price. I had enough coupons to get up to somewhere around 30 boxes and was pretty excited about it, but only got 4 this trip because I couldn't find everything I wanted ECB-wise and wanted to wait. Well I was conflicted when I figured out it was the cereal. I decided to take the plunge and try to return it since it is a HUGE price difference. Luckily the cashier I took it to understood my dilemma and did not make a big deal out of it. I gave him the receipt and the cereal and had no idea what kind of refund I'd be getting since I used coupons. Luckily, he was able to select which cereal to return and gave me back the full $4.49 back on my debit card. I feel like I cheated CVS because of the coupon, but it was only $0.50 off a box so I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

So after my return I spent $1.67 oop plus $6 in ECB's (you can't get those back), which is $7.67, and then I got back $8 in ECB's. So I feel MUCH better about my transaction now.

I should note that I had completely planned on doing the Neutrogena cosmetics ECB deal using the information below from Southern Savers. Unfortunately I could not find ANY cosmetics below $7.99 at my CVS. I might try again later in the week.

  • $2 ECB wyb $10 any Neutrogena Cosmetics, starting at $3.49 Limit 1
    -$3 off Neutrogena Cosmetics June All You Magazine
  • **Deal Idea**
    Buy: (3) Neutrogena Cosmetics $3.49 ea
    Use: (3) -$3 off Neutrogena Cosmetics
    Total Due: $1.47
    Get Back: $2 ECB, makes it
    FREE plus profit!
    ************

0 comments: