Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Elizabeth (with Shanna) Target 6/2 - Saved 87%

So Shanna and I went to Target yesterday after work and did very similar transactions, but the picture above is just my loot.

I did 3 transactions since the Target coupon for Shout was one per transaction.

Transaction #1:

$5.00 - Finish Quantumatic Starter Kit (dishwasher soap with 24 wash cycles)
- $3/1 printable (made it $2.00)

$2.24 - Shout Spray
- $1/1 Target printable
- $0.75/1 printable (made it $0.49)

(2) $1.00 - SoBe Lifewater
- $0.50/1 Target printable
- B1G1 printable no longer available (made them $0.25 each)

$2.74 - Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash (clearance)
- $1/1 Target printable

(2) $2.69 - Armor All Glass Cleaner
- $3/2 Target printable
- (2) $2/1 printable from facebook (made them free plus $1.62 in overage)

(2) $5.04 - John Frieda Root Awakening
- $3/2 Target printable
- (2) $1/1 peelie
- $5/2 from 5/2 SS insert (made them $0.04 each)

(2) $3.69 - Olay Sensitive Skin Face Cleanser
- (2) $1/1 from 5/2 P&G insert (this deal prompted a $5 gift card so after everything they were $0.19 each)

Total before coupons: $37.69

Total oop: $8.86
I received a $5 gift card, so all in all I paid $3.86 for this transaction (savings of 90%).
___________________________________________________

Transaction #2 was exactly the same except I did not buy any Armor All products. Confession: I accidentally gave the cashier two sets of my Shout coupons on this transaction. I did not notice this until right now. Poor kid was super nice to us and I feel mildly bad, but hey - they'll get their money back in the end.

Total before coupons: $31.87

Total oop: $8.72
I received a $5 gift card, so all in all I paid $3.72 for this transaction (savings of 88%). I have no clue why it didn't dawn on me to use my $5 gift card from the previous transaction on this one when I was completely on top of it during Shanna's checkout.
________________________________________________________

Transaction #3:

This transaction was one more Shout and one more Dove, but I only had 1 coupon for Dove left, not 2.

Total before coupons: $5.39

Total oop: $2.41
_______________________________________________________

Total oop today at Target: $19.99
Minus $10 in gift cards: $9.99

Total savings of 87%.

5 comments:

Super Coupon Lady said...

Great Shopping! :)

Anonymous said...

2) $5.04 - John Frieda Root Awakening
- $3/2 Target printable
- (2) $1/1 peelie
- $5/2 from 5/2 SS insert (made them $0.04 each)

Just curious, how did you use all of these coupons...I thought it was one manufacturer and one Target coupon per item?

Elizabeth said...

I thought so too - but I also thought that there was no harm in trying - especially since I had a feeling our cashier wasn't a stickler. None of the coupons beeped. If this is "illegal" and I truly shouldn't have done it, then I admit I feel bad, but they were an impulse find and all I can do is try. They didn't say manufacturer coupon or store coupon on them, so I'm not even sure what they were to be honest.

Anonymous said...

um, yeah, was wondering the same thing about the John Frieda. . . . .

Elizabeth said...

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be dishonest, just not sure what that coupon was and thought I'd give it a try. The cashier seemed familiar with it's type so I didn't say anything. This isn't something I normally try (I'm not trying to rip anyone off).