Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Elizabeth's Kroger Trip 6/17 - Saved 95%

Tonight I ruled Kroger. You may call me the Kroger Queen. And it was all by accident! I only went to pick up my free Smart Balance product that I won by playing the online game here, but decided to check out the personal care section while I was there just for fun. Here's what I snagged:

$2.99 - Smart Balance Milk
- $2.99 - Kroger eCoupon I got from winning their game (see above)
= FREE

(2) $2.69 - Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (on closeout from $5.39)
- (2) $2/2 printable (this is the generic one, not the finishes one)
= $0.69 each!!!!!!

$2.99 - Gillette Odor Shield Deodorant (on sale down from $4.60)
- $2/1 from 5/16 RP insert
= $0.99

(2) $4.29 - Gillette Body Wash
- $4.29 from B1G1 in store sale
- $4.29 from B1 deodorant G1 body wash free from 5/16 RP insert
= both free (had to buy the deo to use the second coupon)

(2) $0.68 - Kroger brand diet grape soda (certain someone's fav drink that is very hard to find)

(10) $0.88 - SoBe Lifewater
- $2.00 from Kroger eCoupon found here (buy 10 get $2 off - I remembered I had this while there)
- $8.95 from 5 B1G1 printables (I don't think these are still available but you can win them with this instant game)

Total before coupons: $30.10

Total after coupons and tax: $1.60

That's a savings of 95%!!!!

So the big surprise in this transaction was the SoBe B1G1 coupons. Rather than taking off $0.88 for each B1G1 coupon, the computer automatically took off $1.79 (the original price). So after 5 B1G1 coupons and the eCoupon, I had $11.95 in coupons but the SoBe's only added up to $8.80, creating $3.15 in overage, paying for most of the rest of my transaction. I talked to the cashier about it making sure we were doing the right thing and she said the computer did it automatically, it didn't ask her for the price. So yay!! I've already loaded the coupon again and will do it later in the week if I can round up five more B1G1 coupons.

0 comments: