Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Walgreens Trip 7/18 - Better than free!


I did two transactions for this loot. I went to a couple other stores to get more blister sticks and see if they had the G2 pens in blue 0.05, but since it's all repeat deals I'm only showing my main trip.

Transaction #1:

$3.49 - Colgate Total toothpaste (couldn't find any of the available coupons)
= $3.49, received $3.50 RR (FREE)

$9.89 - Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor
- $4/1 from 6/6 PG (received one of these from a pot luck last week)
= $5.89, received $5 RR ($0.89 total)

(2) $1.19 - Pilot G2 pens
- $2 from July IVC booklet (I lost the other $1/1 printable when I lost my coupons a couple of weeks back)
= $0.19 each

(2) $5.99 - Dr. Scholl's Blister Defense Stick
- $10 from July IVC
= $0.99 each, received $5 RR ($3.02 money maker)

______________________________________________________________
Total before coupons: $27.74

Used four $2 RR's and one $3 RR

Total after coupons, tax and RR's: $0.74

So I spent $11 in RR's and $0.74 cash and received $13.50 in RR's, making this transaction profitable by $1.76.
_______________________________________________________________

Transaction #2:

(2) $1.19 - Pilot G2 pens
- $2 from July IVC booklet (I lost the other $1/1 printable when I lost my coupons a couple of weeks back)
= $0.19 each

(3) $0.80 - Starburst (fillers)

(2) $7.49 - Dr. Scholl's For Him Massaging Gel Heel Cushions
- (2) $2/1 printable
- $10 from July IVC booklet
= $0.49 each, received $5 RR ($4.01 money maker)
________________________________________________________________
Total before coupons: $19.77

Used a $2 RR and a $1 RR

Total after coupons, tax and RR's: $0.75

So I spent $3 in RR's and $0.75 cash and received $5 in RR's, making this transaction profitable by $1.25
______________________________________________________________

All in all I got $47.51 in merchandise for FREE plus $3.01 in profit.

Notes: DON'T try the Dr. Scholl's for him massaging gel heel things for the RR. They will print the RR but the July IVC booklet coupon does not pertain to these. The cashier price modified them since they coupon wouldn't work (even though it says massaging gel) and that made the RR not print, so the manager had to print it manually. The good news is, though, that the blister stick works! So profit for all this week!!

1 comments:

Donna E said...

I am surprised to see the Massaging Gel inserts, I read they were not coming up (as a participating item) when the coupon from the July book was scanned...

Great shops!!!