Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

2 Scenarios for Walgreens 8/29

Walgreens has a lot of mysterious RR deals this week - that is, we don't know the prices to go with a lot of the register reward deals (P&G - I'm talking to you).  So I came up with a couple of scenarios for the deals we do know about to make sure I roll my RR's before they expire.  There is only one money maker this week so we need to take big advantage of that!  At first I was all excited about the $10 RR on the Irwin Naturals vitamin product but on second thought I will NEVER use this.  Thank goodness I have a little bit of coupon common sense today.  I'm skipping that deal all together.  I have $15 in RR's to start the week with:

(3) $1 RR's expiring 9/3
(2) $2 RR's expiring 8/29
(2) $4 RR's expiring 9/5 and 9/6

My plans (assuming things are in stock - we all know things NEVER go as planned):

Transaction #1 (I should note that this one transaction takes care of all the RR deals that I'm super interested in - I'm sick of toothpaste):

(2) $3.50 - Softsoap Body Wash
- (2) $1/1 from September All You
$4.00 - Breathe Right Strips 10 pack
- $1.50/1 from 4/11 RP
$2.00 - Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm
$1.99 - W Perfection Tampons
(3) $0.20 - 2 pocket folder w/ prongs (with in-ad coupon - make sure to show!)

Subtotal: $12.09
Use (2) $4 RR's and (2) $2 RR's ($12 total).  Pay approximately $0.09 oop (remember you can use whatever fillers you want, the folders are the cheapest I found and I needed 3 fillers AND wanted to get over $12).
Receive a $5 RR, a $4 RR, a $2 RR and a $1.99 RR.  That's a total of $12.99 in RR's.

So I will have used $12 in RR's and $0.09 cash, and received $12.99 in RR's, making this a $0.90 money maker!.  The best part to me is the small OOP.
This is a small money maker and gets rid of the expiring RR's.
______________________________________________________
Transaction #2 (to use up the (3) $1 RR's that will be expiring before the next week of deals):

$4.00 - Breathe Right Strips 10 pack
- $1.50 from 4/11 RP
(3) $0.20 - 2 pocket folder w/ prongs (with in-ad coupon - make sure to show!)


Subtotal: $3.10
Use (3) $1 RR's.  Pay approximately $0.10 oop (remember you can use whatever fillers you want, the folders are the cheapest I found and I needed 3 fillers ).  
Receive a $4 RR.

So I will have used $3 in RR's and $0.10 cash, and received $4 in RR's, making this a $0.90 money maker!.  The best part to me is the small OOP.
This is a small money maker and gets rid of the expiring RR's.
_______________________________________________________



That's all the required transactions I plan to do.  Everything else will be once I know prices.  I will post any other transactions I do here.

0 comments: