Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

CVS Trip 9/19 - Savings of 98%


It's a good week at CVS.  I did 3 transactions.

Transaction #1 and #2:

(2) $6.99 - Revlon Superlustrous lipstick
- (2) $2/1 printable
= $4.99 each, received $5 ECB for each lipstick = FREE

Total before coupons and tax: $13.98

Used $9.99 ECB on first transaction from last week, and the $10 ECB from transaction #1 on transaction #2

Total after coupons and ECB's: $0.00
______________________________________________
Transaction #3:

(2) $2.00 - Xtra Laundry Detergent
- $2/2 from magic coupon machine (CVS coupon center)
= $1.00 each

$2.99 - Dry Idea deodorant
- $1/1 printable
= $1.99, received a $2 ECB

(2) $2.99 - Right Guard deodorant
- (2) $1.50/1 printable
= $1.49 each, received a $2 ECB for each one, so $0.98 money maker!

$14.99 - Bayer Contour meter
- $10/1 from 8/8 RP
= $4.99, received a $5 ECB, so FREE (donation)

Total before coupons and tax: $27.96

Used a $4.99 ECB and a $3 ECB from last week

Total after coupons and ECB's: $4.30
_____________________________________________
Total retail value today: $55.92

Paid with $27.99 in ECB's and $4.30 cash = $32.29, and received $31 in ECB's, so it's like paying $1.29, or a savings of 98%!!! (I used $10 of the ECB's I earned immediately on the next transaction, so I have $21 to start with next week).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I ask you a question? I'm still a little new at this. Whenever I shop at CVS I never get my ECB back right after the transaction. I always have to wait until after the quarter. How is it that you get them right away?

-Abbie

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm, I think that the ECB's you get at the quarter is the 2% back on every purchase you made in that quarter. Are you purchasing things from the current weekly ad that say they should be producing ECB's? If so, and they aren't printing, you need to say something to the cashier right then and there. If however, you are just doing your regular shopping and not buying the specific items from the ad that are supposed to be producing ECB's, that would explain why you aren't getting any until the end of the quarter. For example, this week at CVS, certain Revlon lipsticks are producing ECB's. If you buy one of those varieties, an ECB should print on your receipt. If it does not, then you should ask your cashier what the problem is. If you are just buying milk or eggs or some necessity like that, an ECB will not print. It is only for items specified in the ad to print ECB's. Does that help explain it a bit better?

Anonymous said...

Yes, you've been super helpful. I'm thinking that maybe I'm giving the cashier my ExtraCare card after the items have been rung up. ??? Next time I'm in the store, I'll be sure to ask. Thanks again!

Elizabeth said...

Well I definitely give my card towards the end all the time, so the most important thing is to give the card at some point during the transaction. Next time you go to CVS, if your ECB's don't print and the cashier isn't helpful, feel free to tell me the scenario or send me a picture of the receipt or something and I'll do my best to help figure out the problem. Thanks so much for reading my blog!