Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Elizabeth CVS 6/13 - Saved 99.79%


(2) $3.99 - Colgate Pro Clinical toothpaste
- (2) $1/1 printables (can't remember where, but these are all over the place)

(4) $4.49 - Right Guard Total Defense 5 deodorant
- $8.98 for B1G1 free sale
- (2) $3/2 printable (made them $0.75 each)

(2) $4.00 - Old Spice Body wash

$8.97 - Schick Hydro 5 razor
- $5/1 from 6/13 SS

Total before coupons: $42.91

Used $15 in ECB's.

Total after tax, coupons and ECB's: $6.09

Received a $4 ECB from Colgate, a $4 ECB from Schick and a $8 ECB from Old Spice (the limit is 2 even though the ad says 1).
_________________________________________________
I thought this sounded too high but didn't scrutinize the receipt until I got home. Turns out I had a B1G1 free Old Spice Body wash from the 6/6 P&G insert that the cashier had not scanned, which resulted in my oop being $4 higher than it should have been. Believe it or not I became slightly obsessed over this $4 mishap. I was told by a certain someone to get over it and use it as a lesson. I wrote CVS corporate an email about it mostly because the cashier (a shift manager I think) was pretty rude to me the entire transaction since I had coupons. Unfortunately I could not shake my disappointment so that certain someone took me back to CVS and went in with me for a male presence. It worked. I talked to the same shift manager and he kind of recognized me. I could tell he didn't want to deal with me since they were busy but the extra presence I had with me kept him cordial. He just opened up the cash register and gave me a five dollar bill. No I am not kidding. I didn't know what to say. I just thanked him and walked out. He definitely handled it well and kept my business at that location.

So if you count the five dollars, I spent $16.09 oop today ($1.09 cash oop and $15 ECB oop). Taking into account the $16 in ECB's I received, my total oop is $0.09 - a savings of 99.79%!! (Sorry, math nerd here).

0 comments: