Monday, August 9, 2010
It was a great day for CVS and Walgreens. I found everything I wanted without going all over the metroplex! Notes for this transaction: The razor had the peelie for free shaving cream just like at Walgreens, and I have used the soap dispenser about 4 times now and LOVE it. The smell of the cucumber soap is very nice and fresh. I have been wanting to try it ever since I saw it weeks ago but didn't want to pay the price. Get one!!! If you need a coupon I have a few more!
$9.99 - Dulcolax Balance 8.3 oz
- $5/1 from May All You Magazine (there is also a $4/1 printable or check your 5/16 SS insert)
= $4.99 plus a $9.99 ECB, so a $5 money maker!!!
$9.99 - Lysol Healthy Touch automatic soap dispenser
- $3/1 from 7/11 SS
= $6.99 plus a $5 ECB, so only $1.99 (I know this isn't free but I REALLY wanted to try it)
$8.97 - Schick Hydro Razor
$3.99 - Schick Hydro shaving cream
- $5/1 from 8/8 SS insert (for razor)
- $3.99 from peelie found on razor for free shaving cream
= $3.97 plus a $4 ECB, so free plus $0.03 for razor and shaving cream!
(2) $7.49 - All Free and Clear 3x concentrate (32 loads)
- $7.49 from B1G1 in store sale
- (2) $1/1 from 8/1 RP insert
= $2.75 each, or $0.09 a load - AWESOME price for All Free and Clear - this will probably last me a year
(6) $0.89 - Dove chocolate bars
- (2) $0.89 from B2G1 in store sale
- (3) $0.50/2 coupons from the magic coupon machine
= $0.34 each (my magic coupon machine coupons were expiring, that is what I shall blame this purchase on)
Total before coupons: $53.26
Used all my ECB's ($20.99 worth)
Total after coupons and ECB's: $2.92 ($0.41 worth of tax)
Received $18.99 in ECB's, so reduced my ECB's a bit, most likely because of the soap dispenser, but still did a great job.
Just like with Walgreens, all that really matters to my bank account is the $2.92, so based on that amount spent, I saved 95%!!